Friday, January 14, 2011

What the Nissan Z Sports Car Means to Me

     

     A bit like the mad scientist, when my dad gets around his beloved Nissan Z, he's like a kid in a candy store. Today, I helped him fix something--something to do with the clutch. I had no idea what I was doing, but by the end of it,  he made me feel so accomplished. It feels good to have a papa.

      Being a father is not merely making a child, but it's truly a posture of the heart. It's not about being a disciplinarian or provider first, it's about being willing to open your heart to loving someone more than yourself.

     I'm painfully aware that many of you reading this have either no connection to your father or you have an emotionally distant relationship with your father. But that doesn't have to be the end of the story.

     I pray that God brings true spiritual fathers to those of you that have felt fatherless over the years. And for those that have amazing fathers, take the time to cherish them. Time goes by so quickly, on this side of heaven.

 Wisdom's Knocking:

The heart of a loving father, is one of life's greatest blessings.


No comments: