Monday, January 17, 2011

How I Had the Best Day Cleaning My Car



     I've had some amazing adventures in my "Shaquifa", my sporty-spice mini-SUV. Today, I decided to take the time to vacuum her and get rid of all the unnecessary clutter.

     A job that should have taken me 20 minutes, turned into 3 hours. I got caught up in Memory Lane. I would take long pauses as I sat to remember where I had been when I played a particular CD last, or staring at an old dinner receipt and trying to remember who I had shared that meal with. And let's not even talk about all the hidden treasure (a.k.a. Junk and Clutter) in my trunk. I replayed so many of my little adventures and memories as I took the time to clear everything out.

     Our lives have far more intricacies and beautiful detail than we'd like to believe. Sometimes, if we take the time to pay attention to those memories calling out to us, we may appreciate the journey a little bit more. It's been said, "You won't know where you're going until you know where you've been."


Wisdom's Knocking:

If you want to assess your life and your priorities, clean your house and/or car, and see what you'll find.

No comments: