Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Magnet



     I'm always curious about chemistry.

     Like, what causes us to be attracted to the people in our lives? Whether it's a friend or a crush, chemistry is almost tangible. You know it and recognize it when you're in the midst of it. But the true beauty and mystery of that chemistry may take a whole lifetime to explore.

     It's even more interesting to me that I cannot seem to muster up chemistry artificially. It's either there, or it isn't. When it is, there's a grace and ease. When it's not, it feels like pushing against a tide.

     In the last several years, I've met a handful of people by what I consider, divine appointment. It's as if Something had been drawing us together through space and time. And when we met, it was like coming home. A sweet sense of rest.

     On the flipside, chemistry scares me a bit. We've all had that instance, where we've met someone and we feel like we've known them our whole lives. And the idea of vulnerability gets put on the table very quickly--the stakes are high. It's in those moments, that I realize this person has the ability to break my heart or cause me to fly.

     And it looks as if chemistry has a choice...What will be chosen? That is where time teaches us these lessons. Truth be told, I'm in the middle of that lesson right now. I'll let you know how it goes in the next few months.

     Until then...

Wisdom's Knocking:

Chemistry is not to be ignored, but tenderly discovered.

No comments: