Thursday, January 20, 2011

And I Loved You On Purpose

      Okay, I'm a little late to this particular revelation, but nevertheless I have arrived at it's piercing epiphany. "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf", the story/collection of poems, is absolutely, most definitely, one of my all time favorites. For many different reasons.


     I saw the movie tonight, by it's shortened title: "For Colored Girls". But instead of merely being satisfied with a cinematic portrayal, I long to see the experimental stage play in all its 1975 glory. I'm thinking of picking up the book this weekend. Eboni, I would love to hear your comments and thoughts in regards to the movie and the book.

     And I will gladly have you know, that because of this story, I will not afford myself the activity of casual dating. For those that know the story and all it's intricacies, and for those that don't, I won't explain.

     How is that God painted my skin Black and with such richness and with so many stories to tell? And just when I think I've reached my own awe and splendor, I look to the right and to the left and see the stories of my sisters and our mothers. Gleaming.


Wisdom's Knocking:

If you gain the trust of a woman, you will inherit an embrace of treasures.



No comments: