Monday, January 03, 2011

Death Defying

Picture of Annie Taylor: She made the first barrel trip over Niagara Falls in 1901 and lived.


     It always hurts a little when you know someone out there is holding a grudge against you, unless you are incredibly callous or aloof.

     I, on the other hand, love to feel-- which in turn has it's amazing crescendos and subsequently, some very dark days.

     We always think that we are right in our own eyes, but it's incredibly humbling to learn that, not only are we imperfect, but we have the capacity to hurt individuals unintentionally. The art of communication is truly one to be respected. It is to be nurtured like any other art form, or one will become inept to the subtle meanings and cries of our friends and lovers.

     My pride has blinded me at times, but my heart is to truly surrender to love and kindness always. One of my favorite quotes: 

     "Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness." C.S. Lewis

     I want to live the expression of that, daily. My spirit is willing, but the flesh is so weak.

     I'm stirred to defend myself when those that have been hurt by my words and actions, react out of their pain (By ignoring me, talking negatively about my character, wishing me ill will, etc.). But what do I expect? They have been legitimately hurt. Is their pain not real? No, their pain is just as real as mine.

     My spirit is willing. 

    And I decide again to walk in love the best way that I know how: Forgiveness. Daily. Every minute if necessary.

    And yes, it feels like a death has occurred within me. But if I've learned anything about death, it's simply the seed for resurrection.


Wisdom's Knocking:

The story is not over until it's over.


No comments: