Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Take the Time...Listen...Then Repeat

  



     Today, since I had a long drive ahead of me, I decided to experiment with my radio. I hadn't listened to the poor thing in about a month. As I switched the stations, there was one song that continued to stand out. And when I say stand out, I mean, it was played at least 4 times every 15 minutes on multiple stations.

     Without further delay, let me share with you the some of the lyrics to this week's favorite jam:
"Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world

Like I'm the only one that you'll ever love
Like I'm the only one who knows your heart
Only girl in the world...
Like I'm the only one that's in command
Cuz I'm the only one who understands, like I'm the only one who knows your heart, only one..."

     I am almost positive I heard this song played 10 times in the span of about an hour. But as I was being hypnotized by that house-like beat (Yes, I was dancing in my car), I realized that the lyrics truly touched on something key for us ladies.

     Men: In a romantic relationship, if you make us feel like the only girl in your life, we will be your ride-or-die chick until the end. It's really that simple. Yes, we may be mysterious creatures, but let me give you some quick yet life-changing insights about us ladies:

  • If you give us intentional and non-distracted eye contact when you talk to us, we're hooked. 
  • If you share your fears, hopes, and dreams with us, we're hooked. 
  • If you encourage us to pursue our own dreams without you feeling jealous, we're hooked.
  • If you take the time to listen to our boring, and sometimes hard to follow stories, we're hooked. 
  • If you take the time to introduce us to the important people in your life (especially in public scenarios), we're hooked. 
  • If we share an inside joke only the two of us know...Yes, you guessed it, we're hooked.

     Simply put, we want to feel like the beautiful exception in your life not the status quo.

:::

     Now be careful, Men. Use your powers for good and not evil. If you use my tested techniques on your unsuspecting lady friends, they may fall in love with you, of which in that case, you may have more drama than you bargained for.

     Men, if you've already implemented my techniques on your unsuspecting lady friends, make sure the air is clear and that your lady friends know where you stand in terms of your emotions. I cannot tell you how many times I've consoled my lady friends (and myself) in regards to receiving mixed signals from a Guy Best Friend of whom they were in love with, but who didn't love them back. It's a truly heartbreaking scenario that could have simply been avoided with honesty up front expressed by the guy. But I digress. Perhaps to be blogged about in the future.

     So yes, we as women like to talk a lot, but if you take the time to listen with intention, I promise you...it will be worth it in the end.



Wisdom's Knocking:

Make someone feel special today, take the time to listen.

No comments: