Monday, April 05, 2010

The Almost


How thick is the air between two people, for the kiss that almost happens?...


I had a dream last night where I kept running in and out of rooms with a variety of different people. It wasn't until halfway through the dream I began to realize that I was going through the same rooms over and over again. But the scenarios in each room had somehow changed, making it feel as though it were a different place, even though it was not. Picture never ending rooms--large rooms, like ballroom size, on a track--you know, the kind runner's use.

I wasn't running in this dream, but I was definitely walking briskly with purpose towards a certain place that I needed to get to, but then--

On my way out of this particular room, I simply went to high five him goodbye and then our hands lingered in mid-air with me still walking forward, him choosing to follow close behind. We then began walking with our two hands high in the air in a romantic and sensual like manner. If felt like our hands were dancing. And then I knew it was time for me to leave this room and say a quick goodbye to him, but I knew this goodbye wouldn't be for long.

I turn around swiftly to see his face clearly. I look intently into his eyes. My heart was pounding. Before he had been playful, but now he was kindly serious. We both stare at each other. Time stops. And everything around melts into background frequencies. He lowers his head...I breathe deeply and intently. And then...

I smile and I back away. I make an awkward body movement to break the ice, and I laugh a little bit to myself. He says nothing, but still looks at me with sincerity and passionate intention. He was where I wanted to be. But somehow, I fully turn around and then walk forward into the next room...


How thick is the air between two people, for the kiss that almost happens?...I dare say, it is much like waiting for a kiss from heaven itself, the atmosphere vibrating with a power that would rival thunder. It is fierce, it is soft, it is strong, it is rest.

The air in between...the almost kiss, has the ability to hold faith, love, expectancy, and in my case.... hope.