Tuesday, April 27, 2010

&**@&@!!


Why is it, that there are some people, that when they open their mouths, you've already positioned in your mind to not believe a single word they say. I mean, it's not as if they are complete liars, but something about them is a facade or not completely trustworthy. Therefore, when I'm approached by such people, many times, my internal stance is that of irritation.

But maybe they are pushing buttons in me that need to be pushed. Maybe they have truly garnered some sort of truth that I am not humble enough to receive. Or maybe they are life liars, truly incapable of being heart trustworthy and in dire need of an intervention.

I'm not so enamored with their stance, but more so my reaction. I feel the need to punch them in the face.

I know, I know. But it's true. It's one thing to lie to me, but it's another to lie to yourself and to try to make me believe your lie with you. Please don't make me do it.

Maybe you didn't know -- and I think I just realized while writing this, that we carry an intangible presence of trust with us. We can decrease the power and reality of our trust (among ourselves and people) with lies and facades or we can increase it with the power of truth and of love.

So truth and trust go hand in hand. Like two people dancing.

With that said, I guess it's time for us all to look at who we're dancing with.

No comments: