Wednesday, May 05, 2010

House Husbands of Hollywood



How did I just watch a full out marathon of the reality show, "House Husbands of Hollywood"? By the way, which season is that show in right now? NO. Don't answer that question. If you know the answer, you're just as sick as I am.

In my defense, I had the television on as background noise and that show happened to be on. And before I knew it I was sucked in. I thought I was only in for one show, but then another came, and another, and another. I may need an intervention.

The premise of the show is simple. Men (most of them aspiring actors or out of work actors) married to women (high profile in their own careers) that are bringing home the bacon in a major way. These men stay at home, clean, take care of the kids, and make sure they complete the "Daily List" their spouses give them.

I remember the days when I would see the title of the show as I channel surfed and like a reflex, would give it the stink-eye look and keep rollin'. But yesterday, something pulled me in. I watched and listened to these men explain their lives, their frustrations, their own dreams. They were living the life, but something was still missing...


House Husband: "Smell ya, later"
Wife: "I Love You."
House Husband: "Yeah, you're right."

No comments: