Friday, April 08, 2011

Right What You Know


     It's Friday. And no, I'm not going to start commenting on Rebecca Black. OK, I kinda of just did. But never you mind that.

     I was just going to comment on our ability to be swayed into a decision. I mean, how does our resolute "No." Become a "Yes." Of course I have theories. Such a leap doesn't happen automatically--it's bridged by the ever so subtle and powerful "Maybe."

     Have you gotten conned into doing something that you know you didn't want to do in the first place? But then somehow, you found yourself fully subscribing and promoting the very thing you thought you didn't want to spend energy and time doing.

     I'm not one to be easily manipulated, but I do like to look at things from a variety of angles. I'm also painfully aware that I am not the master of the universe, nor do I know everything that is to be known from hence forward throughout eternity.

     With that said, I am open to suggestions. Perhaps your suggestions are better than mine. But at the end of the day, I'm not trusting in my knowledge or your knowledge. I'm trusting in the One who made knowledge and Whose understanding goes beyond definition, space, and time.

     Yes, it is important to stand your ground and have a foundation. And personally, I'd like to be one, whose foundation is on solid ground.

     Each day we exercise faith in little and big ways. Sometimes oblivious to us, but yet faith is being exercised still.

     My pastor's motto about faith and love is truly inspiring and powerful. Love fuels faith.

     Let that seep in for a minute.

Love fuels faith.

     So we may not know the outcome of all our decisions, but knowing that we are making decisions based in and on Love (Love is patient, kind, etc.) and not in fear, already puts us on solid ground.



Wisdom's Knocking:
"That Christ may dwell in your hearts though faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." --Ephesians 3:17-19

No comments: