Monday, April 11, 2011

Bye...OK...Bye...



     OK, you know how greatly I dislike talking on the phone. It's just awkward and a bit painful for me. But I can fake my way through a decent conversation. Note: If I've ever talked with you on the phone, I have a deep love for you. I just need you to know that.

     But what adds to the awkward event of talking on the phone, at least for me, is when people don't know how to close the deal.

     You know, those people that don't know how to end a phone conversation, so you spend about 30 seconds preparing for the round up, and then another 30 seconds of "OK, Bye...Yeah...OK... (Overlapping one another as you both almost say the same things, but out of rhythm) Well...OK...Yeah, Bye..."

     Today, I think I just hung up on someone as they were hitting that third "OK". I just couldn't take it anymore. And I decided to put us both out of our misery.

Wisdom's Knocking:

Timing is everything.



No comments: