Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Those That Can't Do, Teach...

     Photo Credit: David Whitlow Photography

     How in the world did I just give relationship advice tonight to one of my guy friends? This is becoming incredibly comical.

     I was in the midst of an intense pity party. You know what I'm talking about ladies, bawling my eyes out because I'm tired of being single. I know I'm not the only who does this. Anyhow, as I'm yelling and crying my guts out to God, I glance down at my phone. It was a phone number I didn't recognize and I thought it was my computer technician calling me to say that my laptop had been fixed.

     I pick up the call. I say, "Hello". Dead air.

     I knew that this couldn't be good.

     "Patrice?...Wow, I didn't think that you'd pick up."

     Yes, you know how I do. Nevertheless, I couldn't squirm out of the call and found myself 40 minutes deep in a conversation with one of my guy friends. He was updating me on his current potential love life.

     Of course.

     And I quickly went into relationship counselor mode. Always. I had some pretty amazing things to say, if I do say so myself.

     It was incredibly ironic actually. Here I was, weeping because the guy I currently have a crush on, will not pursue me. And here was my guy friend, eager to pursue and ready for a serious relationship with a girl who wasn't completely ready.

     How is this my life right now?


Wisdom's Knocking:

"Love is a smoke and is made with the fume of sighs." 
- William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet, Act 1 Scene 1


No comments: