Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I'm Learning Patois

     Photo Credit: Yajaira Reynolds

     Is it weird that I want my future babies to have Jamaican accents.

     Good. I was starting to think I was really crazy.

     Sooo, they're translating the Bible into Jamaican Patois. The New Testament will be finished by 2012.

     Um. This is the best thing ever. Just read a sample:

STANDARD:
And having come in, the angel said to her, "Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women.''

PATOIS:
'Di ienjel go tu Mieri an se tu ar se, "Mieri, mi av nyuuz we a go mek yu wel api. Gad riili riili bles yu an im a waak wid yu aal di taim.''

Read More About It: Click Here

     Ahhh! Did you just say that out loud! Ahh! Wait--I'm about to read it out loud again. I wish you were here to hear to me in person. I keep cracking up. This is the best.

     Now call my phone and leave me this as a message. I will have a permanent smile on my face.

     Seriously. Do it.

     It's 'bout to be a Patois Party up in here! Let's get this started!!


Wisdom's Knocking:

Sometimes you just need to renovate to appreciate.

No comments: