Monday, April 25, 2011

Proximity

     Photo Credit: Yajaira Reynolds

    

     My dear friend, Yajaira, and I have talked about the importance of Proximity.

     Webster's Dictionary describes Proximity as:

: the quality or state of being proximate : closeness

     We simply describe Proximity as: The Language of Love


     I'm not just talking about physical affection. I'm talking about geography. I think that's one reason why I'm not a big fan of online dating or even long distance dating (although, not completely opposed to long distance--but at some point, somebody's gonna have to make a location move--I'm just sayin').

     I often wonder if my grand romance story will start at the market down the street. Proximity would be in the suitor's favor if that were the case.

     Plus, proximity adds convenience in relationships. And who doesn't want that added bonus of convenience when you can get it.

     The more you have access to a person, the more you can just kick it, the more habitual your meet n' greets, and the similarities in geography...All these factors have been known to cause sparks to fly--even when there wasn't the slightest hints of heat or chemistry.



Wisdom's Knocking:

Proximity is the language of love.


No comments: