Saturday, June 11, 2011

Love Is and Time Was and Thick as Thieves



     I've been blessed to have some amazing friends in my life, but one friend in particular has loved me in my most awkward stages of life.

     We met in junior high, but became besties in high school. And she is one of my closest friends to date. She is truly like a sister to me and understands my "artist" tendencies and personality.

     Our friendship is just so comfortable, effortless, and life giving.

     And now, my sister-friend is a wife and a mother, and yet her identity and heart transcends all of those titles. Being in friendship with her and seeing how she walks out the "dailies" (Day to day life), is nothing short of witnessing a miracle and the kindness of God.

     We all need to gain history with just one person, with just one friend that knows us and gets us. Someone who can stand us when we're not cool and don't have it all together. Someone that can teach us a thing or two about humility.

     A friend that will brag about you to their friends and just sit with you in the silence. Maria is definitely that friend to me.




Wisdom's Knocking:

Take the time to allow someone into your life. It may prove far more meaningful tomorrow than today.


2 comments:

Boo Parry said...

Thank you for this...I read this right after another one of my "dailies" (aka trying to calm my crazy Peanut down) and I wasn't feeling very loving and kind. What history God has blessed us with. Like I've said before, when we spend time together, it feels like "home."
Love you, and looking forward to the many more chapters ahead of our beautiful friendship.

Patrice said...

You are a brilliant mother, wife, and friend! God's grace has been more than sufficient in our lives. And I know that we have only tasted the beginning of His love and Grace, my sweet Sissie!