Thursday, September 22, 2011

Body Talk

     

     You all know that I am affection starved.

     How many times is a human being supposed to be touched in a given day? I don't know. But I do know it's definitely way more than what I'm getting these days.

     And because you all know that I live an almost nun-like existence (Infer what you will, it's pretty much appropriate at this point), my old fall-backs just won't do; nor is that really what I'm after.


     With that said, I had one of thee most stressful weeks last week. I'll do my best to fill you in on the highs and the lows in the weeks to come. But the events of last week left my body in some crazy knots.

     Often I appear to be a calm and peaceful person, but anxiety is but a breath away many times. And after a week like the one I just had, I find that my body has held on to that anxiety in some extreme ways.

     This time, I knew it was time for an intervention:

     A full body massage.

     I was worked on for an hour and half. Praise!

     The end result: My body loves me. And I love my body.

     So until I begin my free late night cuddles with my future boo, I'll be booking my next appointment with Linda ASAP.

     Get on my level.



Wisdom's Knocking:

"Touch seems to be as essential as sunlight." 
- Diane Ackerman

No comments: