Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Most Beautiful Woman



      When I hear her voice, she makes me want to smile and cry at the same time. And anyone can distinguish her voice from a sea of aspiring and established singers. She has this distinct "tear drop" in her voice.

     She's dipped into the world of jazz, soul, pop, and even Broadway.

     And not only was her voice the stuff of diamonds, she was absolutely exquisite. As I was preparing to write this post, I just stared at hundreds of pictures of this lady. She is truly one of the most beautiful women I have EVER seen.

Her career spanned the 70s to the mid 90s. And I wish I'd been able to see her perform live. 

   
     But to the great misfortune of the many that loved and adored her, this 6'2" beauty died an untimely death in 1995 at the age of 45, due to suicide.


      Nevertheless, her voice is still the stuff of tender mercies. And she will continue to capture my attention.


Phyllis Hyman.







-----






Wisdom's Knocking:

Even in your darkest hour, you are loved.


No comments: