Sunday, July 03, 2011

At Hello

"Top Picks" Here we go:



     So you heard about Lindsay and Margot. But now let's mix it up a bit. The ladies have clearly been reigning on my "Top Picks" list, but now I make room for the one and only Dan Molitor.

     You know when you go to a magic show and your mind is blown. And you keep thinking, "How'd he do that??" Yeah, well my first encounter with Dan was a bit like that. It was one of those rare occurrences where someone genuinely makes you laugh and not because they're being awkward, but because you understand without pretense and explanation their sense of humor and story. Ah. What a relief and what a gift.

     One of my favorite quotes: "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people".

     But there was also something about Dan that was so real and honest and vulnerable. On the spot, unknown to him, I adopted him as my little brother. It became effortless to love him and to desire nothing but the best for him and his life.

     I love when that happens. When you feel a wonderful kinship with someone you just meet.

     I'm quite sure you'll hear about Dan in the years to come. You'll see his face in your magazines and hear his voice over airwaves. But just remember, prepare yourself for the unexpected. There's more than meets the eye with this one...


Wisdom's Knocking:

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results." -- Frederick Buechner



No comments: