Sunday, July 03, 2011

Why Are You Single?

     Yes, yes. I know. Singleness is not a disease, contrary to what your mother has said in public or the culture at large. And you know me. I love and enjoy my life as a single woman. But I also love romance. Even when it's not happening to me.

     With that said, in addition to me mentioning my "Top Picks" of favorite people each month, I feel so inspired to highlight some of the beautiful people that I know who are single.

     I mean, I'm looking at your Facebook pictures, and it don't make no sense! Why hasn't someone snatched you up?? Okay, okay. Maybe you don't want to be "snatched" up. Which by the way, has a whole new connotation to me now. I just watched the reality series, "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". Um. Google that mess. How is it, that I'm just now learning about a society of British "Travellers" that practices the art of "Grabbing".

     "Grabbing" in their culture, and yes, it is a separate culture in and of itself, of which the young boys initiate flirting, grab a girl and try to get her to kiss them. Verrrry interesting and a bit awkward to watch. But there I go again on one of my rabbit trails.

     But once again, I ask the question, "Why isn't anyone trying to holler at you?" In my eyes, you are quite the catch. Now, I'm not trying to be a matchmaker. My track record sucks a bit at that. But I will do my best to be a bit of a P.R. love agent.

     Let the chips fall where they may...

First Up:




Ms. Victoria Clemmons

What I love about her: Her quick wit and good heart.

What you probably don't know about her: She has a fan base

What you should bring to the table: A good song, kind eyes, a solid prayer, and good style




Wisdom's Knocking:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.


No comments: