Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Confetti Sweet


     I should be writing commentary on the current news headlines (New Zealand, Woman Finds Alligator Behind Sofa, Larry King Going on a Comedy Tour, etc.), Instead, I will simply share about how I almost fell into a sugar coma after eating a "Double D" cupcake (The bakery winner of the Valentine's Day episode of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network) tonight.

     It was my first experience with their cupcakes, and let's just say, I pretty much blacked out because of the awesomeness. I wasn't prepared. I should have had my water bottle handy to help me mellow out the explosion of flavor. I could only eat half of the cupcake in my first sitting, but I was ready for my second shot about 3 hours later. That's the amount of time it took for the flavor and sugar to wear off--3 hours.

     I'm a Crumbs cupcake girl at heart, but Double D has become my new number one. I know, that's saying a lot. One day, you'll have to see for yourself.

     Aside from the many references you can insinuate from the title of this cupcake bakery, the cupcake I ate today was pretty much perfect. Plus it made me drink 20 oz. of water immediately after. Yes, that's the way I like it.

Wisdom's Knocking:

Sometimes, too much of a good thing, can spoil a good thing. Pace yourself.



No comments: