Monday, February 07, 2011

Almost, But Not Quite

     Photo Credit: Yajaira Reynolds

     You know, those times when you wait in anticipation for something good, or even bad for that matter. Only to find out, it was not all that you had hoped and waited for it to be.

     Expectations are a tricky thing. On one hand, you want to maintain strong hope, but on the other hand you want to consider reality.

     I think we all find ourselves evaluating and reevaluating our own expectations. Just as death is the Great Equalizer, time is the Great Revealer. And sometimes the validity of the thing hoped for will not fully manifest in either its good form or painful mediocrity until sufficient time has passed.

     Sometimes I think that I have reached the pinnacle of my heart's hope in a particular area, ready to give up, but then a sneaky whisper stirs me to believe once again.

     My heart knows, that in waiting, something beautiful is to be revealed. But my mind tries to convince me that it may not be what I've really wanted after all.

Wisdom's Knocking:

And when you've done all that you can...Just stand.

No comments: