Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Unfriended, Unfollowed = New Beginnings... And Mr. Matthew Hussey

     
Photo Credit: Joshua Anderson



     That moment you realize you have less "followers"/friends than you last remembered having. Whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.

     I looked at my Instagram intently last week.

     Wait. Who just "unfollowed" me?

     We then rack our minds and do some skillful internet stalkery.

     Or maybe this only happens to me.

     Perhaps it was a misunderstanding. Perhaps their finger didn't mean to press unfollow. Technology can be tricky. Maybe they were framed...

    But often the truth is much more poignant than those excuses.

     They simply didn't want to "Follow" me anymore.

     End of sentence.

     Accept it. It's okay.

     Yes there were probably reasons behind such a move. Which may surface at another time. But until then, there's no need to be stagnant.

     Don't wallow in it.

     This could very well be a blessing in disguise. Actually....It probably is.

     And now we can gently move forward.

     Not just arbitrarily, but now in the hope of a new beginning.

    Speaking of new things...

     I'm so excited to share with you all, that my little old blog has been chosen to partner with the launch of a book by one of my favorite relationship experts, titled "Get the Guy", by the charming Matthew Hussey. It officially drops today, Tuesday, April 9th!


     One of my favorite things to do in the world is to help women fall in love! And I have such a heart for those "Ladies in Waiting"! If you've been reading this blog at all in the last 6 years, you KNOW I can relate.  Ha.

     But trust me, you're going to want to hear what Matthew has to say. I think one of the things that stood out to me regarding Matthew, wasn't just his profound and practical wisdom in the area of life, romance and how men and women communicate; but simply his heart and his message. He oozes sincerity and a humble heart, while being bold and genuine about his pursuit to help women in the area of romance.

     You can catch him in action on NBC's new dating show: Ready for Love, premiering today, April 9th, at 9|8c, after "The Voice".

     Now here's a snippet from his new book:

     But first....

     A giveaway I get to extend to you! Courtesy of Matthew Hussey's wonderful team. The first of my 30 readers to buy the print copy of "Get the Guy" (Either through Amazon or your local bookstore) will get 1 FREE "Get the Guy" tour ticket to see and hear Matthew in person! Click here to see if he'll be in a city near you!

*Note: To qualify for this giveaway, you can do 1 of 2 things.

1.  Simply leave a comment under this post letting me know that your in! And provide me with your email address before May 1st, 2013.

or...

2. Shoot me an email at puerilityvol1@gmail.com before May 1st, 2013.

     But most importantly, be sure to purchase the book (And keep that receipt ;)! Let me know what you loved about it, hated about it. What shocked you the most? What challenged you the most?

     Believe me, I'm still processing all of these insights from Matthew, as well! I'll tell you in future posts what encourages me about some of the things that Matthew says and what also irritates me about some of Matthew's advice...

     Now here's a taste of Matthew Hussey's book, "Get the Guy":
*Oh and as a courtesy note: Yes, there is some "colorful" language*




     I'm also very interested to hear feedback from some of my male readers. What are your lovely thoughts about what Matthew has to say about your species? Does it resonate? Or do you feel that it's all hogwash?

----

     And yes, I know this blog post took some weird turns that you probably didn't expect. From venting about a social media rejection to proclaiming new beginnings to introducing an in-your-face look at the ways of romance through a book I would have never considered picking up just a few years ago, simply because of the title (Almost sounding too aggressive for my dainty lady ways...), to my first online giveaway. Yep. That's just how I roll.

     But as we endeavor on this journey together--of me sharing with you my ups and downs and subsequent lessons, I truly want you to be more blessed because you took the time to read my stories. I want you to get far more out of it than either of us expect. And that's going to entail me sharing more about the people that are currently influencing and challenging my life in significant ways, and it's also going to entail me giving gifts to you. Because I simply love giving gifts.

     There's something sweet about new beginnings. The good ones usually come on the heels of a previous craptastic scenario. So be encouraged. If you're in the thick and death of things, the beauty of resurrection is soon to follow. Have your eyes and your heart open for it. In matters of life and love.



Wisdom's Knocking:

"We don't enter relationships hoping to create an extraordinary existence;
we come to them to share one with someone else."

- Matthew Hussey










No comments: