Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Drunk & Tender

Photo Credit: Lindsay Coleman



I literally received one of the sweetest compliments of 2013, just a couple of weeks ago.

Never mind that it came from someone that I work with and barely know.

And never mind that said person was extremely drunk.

It simply went like this:

I walk up to him, to give him a hug goodbye.

"I--I--I don't want you to be mad---I can't hug you hard. Okay? Okay?"

Okay.

"I just can hug you soft---because I don't want--I don't want you to be mad that I don't hug you hard--I don't want to hurt you--"

Okay.

"You're just so---Because I can't hug you like I hug eerrrrrybodyyyyyy else--'Cause youur tender--Okay?"

Oh. Okay.

"You're just so tender--I just don't want to hurt you. Ever."

Okay.

"So don't be mad--I can't hug you hard."

Okay. I won't be mad.

"I just don't want you----I mean---to ever be mad. Okay?"

Okay.



Wisdom's Knocking:

"There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart."

- Jane Austen


No comments: