Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cry to Me



      Full disclosure:

      I cried in my mother's arms last night for about an hour as she prayed over me.

     It was a long time coming. And if you've been following my blog over the past 3 or so months, you probably saw this coming as well.

     Waiting is hard. Surrender is hard.

     Granted, the Sunday before last, I did pray for the thing that no person in their right mind is suppose to pray for. I prayed for more Patience.

     And then things went from bad to worse.

     So as I'm in the Valley of Worse, I simply share my heart and hope to encourage my heart and maybe yours as well.

     God is a "Promise Keeper". This blog post is simply to remind myself of how hard it got before the promise was fulfilled. So if anyone in the years to come looks at my life and thinks that I have it so good and so easy, I want them to be fully aware that it didn't come for free. It cost me something. It cost me a lot of tears. A lot of time. A lot patience. A lot of "What the--??"

     I have this quote by Louise Hay at the end of my email signature: "Somewhere someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer."

     When I first saw that quote, for some reason, I only put it within the context of job hunting...Lame. Today, I realize that quote is meant to be true for all areas of our lives.

     You are wanted. I am wanted. That's profound. Let that truth really hit your heart and your mind.

     When you think your unlovable or unwanted. The truth is, you're not. You are wanted. And "somewhere someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer."

     Oh to love and to want and to be loved and wanted in return. Yes. Pretty much bliss. And that's what we've all been signed up for.

     Believe me, I know at times it seems like walking on the straight and narrow path doesn't pay off. Like you're being mocked all the way down. And you look to your left and right, and folks that are acting crazy and ignorant seem to be living it up.

     But don't worry. Your time is coming. The present suffering doesn't compare to the glory ahead.

     You will make it. And I will make it.  Just don't quit. This may be the hardest and most confusing it's ever been. But God is still God. He is still good. And His memory is better than ours. He knows what is and will ever be. And He is a Promise Keeper.




Wisdom's Knocking:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' - Jeremiah 29:11






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randomly found your blog and I'm so glad I did. What a wonderful source of encouragement this post was, and such a beautiful and truthful quote, as challenging as it may be to believe at times. The perspective gained when one can realize the pattern and necessity of being put through trials before receiving a fulfilled promise is invaluable, albeit difficult. Faith seems to be the only thing that makes sense at that point.

Believing that very quote is often overwhelmed by a thick blanket of lonely insecurity, so I feel blessed to read your honesty. When you choose to live your life in a way that others don't quite understand, you've willingly chosen the sometimes long, narrow, yet ultimately rewarding road. Perhaps Thoreau said it best: "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

Patrice said...

jaysuzanne: Your kind words melt me! Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your heart. May your journey continue to be full of brilliance, joy, and fulfillment! xo