Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mo' Friends

Photo Credit: Yajaira Reynolds

     In the quest to become ever so popular, especially in the social network world, if you're not breaking at least 200 friends, people might think something is wrong with you. And if you have over 2,000 friends and your not a bona fide celebrity, you may come across as a D-bag.

     As I steadily make my climb on the social network ladder, I begin to feel a bit of conviction. Proverbs 18:24 comes to mind: "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

     The true beauty of friendship boils down to those 1 or 2 friends that you know would carry your body out of a burning fire, or would sit and talk with you about nonsense for at least 6 hours straight--and both of you actually enjoy it.

     So I asked myself the question: Am I turning into that person that has the appearance of friendships without the reality of true close and intimate friendships? I hope not.


Wisdom's Knocking:

It's not good to spread yourself thin, especially in the realm of friendships that one acquires. It's about quality of friendship, not quantity.

No comments: