Monday, March 14, 2011

3-2-1

     Have you done something lately that has challenged and scared you a bit? I did, earlier this month, by taking on a new job position with exciting new responsibilities. It was one of those things where I decided to just jump. I didn't dwell on all of the possible things that could go wrong. Instead, I just, ever so gently, moved forward, centimeter by centimeter.

Photo Credit: Willy Branlund

     Taking a risk like that was such a breath of fresh air. and now, being on the other side of the challenge. I can say, with full confidence, that it was completely worth it.


     I'm more determined than ever, to make sure I step out into something scary and challenging at least once a month. Normally, my preferred stance would be that of someone hiding.  But jumping into the unknown and being seen in the midst of it is not as scary as I once thought, but actually quite freeing.


Wisdom's Knocking:

Risk is the special ingredient in the recipe of Accomplishment.


No comments: