Thursday, January 09, 2014

Sunrises and Sunsets

    Photo Credit: Evan Kaufmann



Sunrises look a lot like Sunsets

Often we might confuse the two

But when the light of love is shining

It is said, you'll find your way through.



My heart is pressed firm on every side

And another gift is given to one standing nearby

I hold back the tears and I clinch my fist

Because Sunrises never looked like this.



And the weather man says there's more showers ahead

I reach for my raincoat, but grab a scarf instead

Ill prepared for heartbreak and afraid to tread

Because a vulnerable girl is one under-dressed.



But there are stories written throughout the course of my spine

Holding my head and heart in place, purposely divine.



We are important. We are.


Sunrises look a lot like sunsets

Often we might confuse the two 

But when the light of Love is shining

Love is finding its way to you.




No comments: