Saturday, August 06, 2011

Once Upon a Surprise

     Photographer: Bethany Mossburg

     Why is it, when you least expect your Field of Dreams to manifest, it suddenly appears. I feel like it's a part of some heavenly agenda. Because, surely, when you are watching the clock, waiting for that gift to appear, it seems to make itself scarce and unseen.

     But the moment your attention is diverted towards other matters. The very things that you have been waiting for begin to appear. And you know that they appear because they no longer present themselves as a mirage, but truly something you can touch and feel.

     I had one of the best Wednesday-Fridays (I mean, what do you call that? It's not technically the weekend...) ever. Leading up to those past few days, I had been working my butt off with administrative duties, curriculum planning, tv production work, screenplay writing, and learning the art of joy (Once again). My mind space was full. Like very full. So when it came time to actually set sail to an island with 15 folks of which about 80% were teenagers, I was super intentional about not bringing make-up or trying to go out of my way to look cute.

     So of course, that would be the time in which I would run across chemistry. Yeah. You know. Like, uh-oh, I think I want to hang around you like all the time and I don't know why.

    Now, don't get too excited. As you know, I usually have about 1 crush a week. So time will only tell what will happen next. But of course this would all happen when I was looking like dirt. Perhaps it's better that way. Ha.

    Nevertheless, I'll keep you updated.


Wisdom's Knocking:

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." -Henry Ford 



No comments: