Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Freedom.

Photo Credit: Hannah Anderson


I'm not quite sure how and when it fully happened. But it did.

My emotions and feelings jumped off me and onto a cliff somewhere by a lake.

And then they jumped.

And then they drowned.

It's weird how you can feel something so strongly for someone one moment, and feel nothing for them the next.

But then I was able to see the picture fully, for what it truly was.

I had been released.

Oddly enough, I didn't know I was in a prison.

But I had been.

Now my heart is free and open once again. Expectant for all the new possibilities of a new adventure that lies ahead.

Did I mention I'm going to Paris this year? We'll get into that later...

Moving forward,

I'll never regret giving my heart away.

But boy, is it it good to have it back.

This new day of freedom cost me a great deal of tears, but afforded me a great deal of prayers from the likes of you.

And now I find myself laughing.

The way in which my life plays out. You know, never how you expect it to.




I've learned to keep on dreaming, even if it breaks my heart.

I know it sounds weird, but disappointment can actually birth new life...if you let it.

It gives you PAUSE. True indeed.

And you're forced to start again. To start over.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing...

And as I look at my feelings and emotions fall off a cliff, leaving me free of a heavy burden, I bless my storyline and the storyline of others.

Yes, maybe things didn't quite play out as we had expected, but there's no need to hold resentment or bitterness in our hearts.

Forgive and bless.

(As quickly as possible)

Wish them the absolute best. And mean it.

And be free to move forward. To find your passion. To find your calling. To find your love.

In all its discoverable glory.

A new adventure awaits for you and I. One that we've been waiting for, for oh so long.

My part in your journey may not be as substantial as we'd thought it would be, but there was still a part to be played. And the same goes for you. So, thank you for your part in my journey.

And now, Reader, you and I begin again.

Like this month, we will March into something real, something ready, and something just for us.

Oh, the beauty of new beginnings.

How good it feels to start to fly-- once again.




Wisdom's Knocking:

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night 
Take these broken wings and learn to fly 
All your life 
You were only waiting for this moment to arise"

-- The Beatles



No comments: