Thursday, November 15, 2012

I've Chosen You

     Photo Credit: Paris Garbowsky


     It's about to get real. The holidays are coming. And for many, it's a time of pain and disappointment.

     But I feel like it's of the utmost importance to let you know, and to remind myself that we have not been forgotten.

     Through the battles and the wars, the pain and the tears, you've never been invisible. Your hustle has not gone unnoticed. But know this, your hustle does not completely define you.

     If you look to your hustle to completely define you, you'll be left wanting. Because a hustle in itself cannot bring fulfillment, cannot bring peace to your soul,  and cannot usher in love to your heart.

     What you need is something that you could not have fully worked for on your own. A Love that has Chosen you first, before you even gave a second thought towards it. A Love that propels you forward in all things. Motivating you beyond your own efforts and limitations. Bringing meaning and purpose to the hustle.

     I'm challenged this holiday season more than ever to take time just being with God. No agendas other than being loved.

     To my blog readers, you've been with me throughout the crushing blows of defeat and the pinnacles of hope freshly envisioned for my 2012. In many ways I still feel like I'm grasping for straws. But it has been your prayers, your love, and your encouragement, that has given me the courage to not give up just yet.

     As I type this, tears are welling up in my eyes. I'm so blessed to know that many of you have found encouragement and wisdom in this little blog. We've definitely been on this journey together. And I'm so thankful for you.

     Sometimes we are shy or even ashamed to admit how much we need love.  I know I was, before starting this blog. But the truth is, we were made to be loved, fully and completely. And now the overriding theme of this blog has basically become how love or the lack of love motivates and propels just about everything we do. Even how we put wisdom into practice.

    And now, I simply want to hold your face with both of my hands, with tenderness and love, look you in the eyes, and tell you with all my being and with all sincerity,

     You are loved, you are seen, and you are chosen.



Wisdom's Knocking:

"Weeping may endure for a night...but joy comes in the morning."
-Psalm 30:5






No comments: