Monday, March 26, 2012

Jealousy and Contempt Part 1.

     Photo Credit: Chris Molitor


     I know what you've all been waiting on. What's the status on Mr. Admiration? Here's the long and the short of it. FRIENDS.

     But before we wallow in a few moments of self pity, I want to paint the triumphant conclusion to this story.

     A few weeks back, before I almost played myself,  I had a dream that my Model T car was derailing, getting ready to spin out of control off of this old school bridge. It was some sort of tricky blind corner. If you were to look at the ground below, you would see tons of other cars that had fallen and crashed to the ground, not able to make that hard, steep turn.

     Somehow, in my pride, I thought I was immune to crashing. But I wasn't. I spun out of control and I crashed to the ground below. I lived. Thankfully. I was a little shaken up. But not permanently injured in anyway. But then, I needed to find my way back. My way back home. My way back to the road.

     I find myself near some sort of shack of a home and I intuitively know that this home is my ticket. I follow a trail of books inside this home that begin to lead me to safety.

     Each title of the various books went in sequential order starting from Proverbs 1, then to Proverbs 2, then to Proverbs 3 and so on, and so on. And then I wake up from this dream.

    So I figured, maybe it's time to revisit the book of Proverbs.

    And let me just tell you, Proverbs it's truly proving to be my very life line.

     I can never get enough of wisdom. Especially when you feel as though it's preparation for the impact of a crash.

     So I got to Proverbs 6, about a week ago. And that changed everything...


Wisdom's Knocking:

"Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around."
-Proverbs 13:12

No comments: