Monday, August 04, 2014

MAGIC

   



     After waiting so long for a promise, waiting on your good thing to arrive, we can get a little weary.

     And just because God has said "Not Yet", doesn't mean He said, "Not Ever..."

     But in the free fall of trust, we can begin to doubt ourselves, lose hope, or simply stop believing altogether.

     And honestly, that's one of the reason's I started writing this blog.

     I wanted to intentionally remind myself every week of the promises of God over my life, to build myself up in the hope and expectation I know He sings over me, and hopefully do the same for some others that are out there on the journey as well.

     So each year, I have a song. Like a song that sums up where my heart is and is going towards for the duration of the year ahead. I usually know what this song is by the early months of year. But this year -- 2014 was very different.

     There was no song that truly moved me or spoke to me. And so I simply forgot about having a song for the year...and went about my business.

     And then the 8th month of this year hit...

     Saturday, August 2, 2014, the song, "Magic" by Coldplay was played for me by a friend of mine. And within the first 5 seconds, my spirit just knew.

     This. Is. My. Song.

     This song is my multi-layered anthem and declaration for 2014: I'll choose God every time. I'll choose His timing, His love, His ways, over everything. Time and time again.

     I've been bruised, so awfully disappointed, tired, so confused, and frustrated over the years through the waiting and the learning, but God--I still choose you.

     Yes, I still believe in the goodness of God and His love. And I believe that love is always worth the risk. Yes, I do.

     Subsequently, you dear reader, knowing my very personal journey of romance will appreciate this song also being dedicated to that lucky blessed man who will have the honor and privilege of being my future husband.

     #Amen.



Wisdom's Knocking:


"Magic" - Coldplay

Call it magic
Call it true
Call it magic
When I'm with you
And I just got broken
Broken into two
Still I call it magic
When I'm next to you

And I don't, and I don't and I don't, and I don't
No, I don't, 
It's true 
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't want anybody else but you 
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't 
No, I don't, 
It's true 
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't want anybody else but you

Ooooh ooh ooh

Call it magic 
Cut me into two 
And with all your magic 
I disappear from view 
And I can't get over
Can't get over you 
Still I call it magic 
You're such a precious jewel

And I don't, and I don't and I don't, and I don't 
No, I don't, 
It's true 
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't want anybody else but you 
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't 
No, I don't, 
It's true 
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't want anybody else but you

Wanna fall 
I fall so far 
I wanna fall 
I fall so hard 
And I call it magic 
And I call it true 
I call it magic

Ooooh ooh ooh 
Ooooh ooh ooh 
Ooooh ooh ooh 
Ooooh ooh ooh

And if you were to ask me 
After all that we've been through 
Still believe in magic 
Oh yes I do 
Oh yes I do 
Yes I do 
Oh yes I do 
Of course I do



"Magic" - Coldplay Video Link:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtb11P1FWnc



"Magic" - Coldplay Audio:


http://grooveshark.com/s/Magic/6YaVPc?src=5



No comments: