Tuesday, July 29, 2014

RESET





I had to pause for a moment and collect my thoughts.

For a moment, everything and nothing was happening all at the same time.

And the very thing that God kept whispering to my spirit was "REST".

I hadn't realized I was spinning.

Not out of control. Just spinning. Like a top.

I was this close to Anxiety's choke-hold.

Last post, delivered "Bad News".

But this time, God wanted there to be a reset and a resurrection.

(He's so good at that.)

The doctors no longer found cancer in her body. But they all swore that it was lethal just weeks ago. Professionals. People with desks and diplomas. People with stature.

But they didn't get to have the last word...

And now we all exhale.

We'd been holding our breaths ever so tightly for over 2 weeks.

The war is over, but the battle still wages.

There are still unanswered questions.

But I have breath in my lungs and boldness in my veins to at least ask those questions.

Be brave.

We always fear bad news, but with God, there's always an open door of hope in the midst.



So what will you hope for today?




Wisdom's Knocking:

"They will have no fear of bad news; 
 their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord."
- Psalm 112:7





No comments: