Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Selfish

   Photo Credit: Christina Sees 

     I realized that I half heartedly wanted you to like me to validate me in some way. And here I was thinking I had passed junior high. But not quite. Humility is my friend once again, and she gently points her finger towards the open air of freedom. I see the shimmering mist of clouds of courage. And I weep.

     I wept for minutes. I allowed myself to feel the sting of my selfishness. And it stung. And yet, You paid the price for me.

     I wish everyday could be filled with such revelation. I saw the monstrous part of my appetite and I shook my head in disbelief. I had almost, ALMOST, fooled myself. There's more at stake than just my games and just my disbelief.

    And what if you were to say yes? Could I hold your precious heart in my hands. Not for show, but truly for keeps.

     I'm almost ready. To not be selfish. But I will weep once more for those things that were lost and reposition my heart and soul to take you in. You've done nothing but protect me and I am aware of that because of love.

     Thank you for changing my life, in a way that you have yet to know in me.

     Love is powerful and I recognize that more today than ever before. It's not about me. It's about You.



Wisdom's Knocking:

The depths of love are experienced in the breath of life.


No comments: