Friday, July 10, 2009

Anger Love Ramalama


Wow. A Promised Land sure does come with a lot of adventure and frustration at times. I feel like I'm in some sort of whirlwind. At times it's a bit overwhelming, and I must remind myself: You have already been prepared for this.

What is it about true love that challenges you to become a better you, as stronger you, a much more courageous you. And no, I'm not just talking about the romantic type of love, but a love that at times calls you to something higher, and in our frailty we get upset and even angry because we are not living at such heights as of yet.

Just when I reached a level of comfortability in my own skin, everything changes once again. I feel a bit out of my element. Which in essence is so good, because I am finally able to face those things that once had me bound in fear. This summer is much more than what it would at first appear to be. Yes, things will reach a new potential--wiping away the remnants of winter. But once again, things will prepare to fall as autumn is ushered in. A new me will emerge, I'm almost sure of it.

Don't stop if you feel revisited by anger. It is our heavy reminder of how desperate we are for love--to have it, to be it, to be in it, to experience it fully.

"...Hearing only one root note
Planted firmly in the ground
Undo my heart, unzip my body and
Lend to my ear a clear and a deafening sound..."

No comments: