Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Glass Brick House


   
     Yesterday I didn't know. But today I do.

     It's interesting how you view people in the light of new and earth shattering knowledge.

     Wow. And just when I thought that their life was perfect. I mean, this information pretty much stunned me. And it takes a lot for me to get stunned nowadays.

     I'm pretty much comfortable with the fact that a random person at the DMV, gas station, post office, mall, etc. will for no reason in particular start telling me their whole life story.

     But wow. When  I heard this news, it caused me to once again reevaluate my own eye sight; and to confront the reality that what I truly see and know is in part.

     A perceived happy ending or happily ever after is much more telling of a potential beginning rather than a definitive statement of the current position of a circumstance and/or relationship.



Wisdom's Knocking:

What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others.  ~French Proverb




No comments: